Home Treatment Options to Cure Your Low Back Pain
- Taking Rest at Regular Intervals
Often pain occurs as a result of continuously indulging yourself in strenuous activities. It is highly advised to take rest after regular intervals but makes sure to not remain inactive for a longer duration.
- Application of Heat or Cold Therapy
Applying heat can increase your blood flow, thus ultimately helping in relaxing your tensed muscles. Ice or heat therapy is also effective in reducing inflammation.
Ask your neuro spine specialist to prescribe pain medications if you are suffering from severe pain and are not recovering. Anti-inflammatory pain medications help relieve low back pain
Most Common Non-Surgical Options to Cure Low Back Pain
Your neuro spine specialist may offer a customized plan to alleviate your back pain symptoms. Depending upon your condition, he may suggest an integrated treatment plan to cure your back pain. The most common non-surgical options offered by him may include:
- Use of antidepressants or muscle relaxants to manage chronic pain.
- Use of opioids or pain-killers to treat chronic or intense low back pain.
- Attending regular physical therapy sessions to enhance mobility.
- Use of epidural steroid injections to reduce inflammation of the lumbar region.
Surgical Options to Alleviate Lower Back Pain
Spine surgery can be a complicated procedure, and it is usually not recommended if you have mild to intermediate lumbar pain symptoms. Your neuro spine surgeon may recommend surgery in case if the pain is worsening over time, and you are not getting recovered after completion of a customized non-surgical plan. In case of a pressed nerve root, you may be asked to undergo decompression surgery, which may involve microdiscectomy or laminectomy.
When to Seek Medical Emergency?
Lower back pain can be a consequence of an underlying cause that needs to be diagnosed. You must seek medical attention at your earliest if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Loss of bladder control or bowel dysfunctioning.
- Sudden weight loss.
- Abrupt temperature changes.
- Severe pain in the abdominal region.