Pediatric Urosurgery is a medical area which involves the treatment of genitourinary system disorders in children. If a child has an illness or disease of the genitals or the urinary tract such as , ureter, kidneys, bladder then pediatric urologists are the surgeons who have the experience and qualifications to provide the proper treatment. Top Pediatric Urologists in India offer care from birth to early adult age and emphasise on particular necessities of children who sometimes happen to be potentially sensitive and embarrassed related to voiding and genitalia problems. Often, the surgeons also use equipments which are especially designed for the kids and make them feel assured, cooperated and relaxed.
Challenges before Pediatric Surgery in India
There are some challenges before pediatric surgery in India. They are as follows;
- Undescended testes or cyptorchidism
- Problematic situations of Bladder control e.g bedwetting and daytime incontinency involuntary urination or defection.
- Chordee and other minor deformities of the penis.
- Urolithiasis or bladder and kidney stones
- Urinary obstruction and vesiocoureteral reflux
- Tumors and cancer of the kidneys
- Repair of genitourinary trauma
- Antenatal hydronephrosis
- Neurogenic bladder associated with spina bifida
- Genitourinary malformations and birth defects
- Cloacal exstrophy, epispadias and bladder exstrophy
- Prune belly syndrome
- Ambiguous genitalia and intersex conditions
The following services are provided by the pediatric urologists:
Pediatric urologists often provide services for the well mental and physical health of the patient. Some of the services are as listed below;
- Evaluating and managing voiding disorders, urinary tract infections and vesico-ureteric reflux which requires surgery
- Surgery for groin situations in childhood and adolescence such as Undescended testes, hydrocele/hernia, and varicocele.
- Checking and managing the urological tract difficulty identified before birth.
- Surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract i.e. kidneys, ureter, and bladder involving genital unusualities, Hypospadias, and abnormality of sex development.
- Evaluating and managing the urinary tract problems concerned with neurological conditions such as spina bifida.
- Surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the bladder, kidney and testis.
- Kidney stone disease analysis and surgical assessment.
Urology Treatment Procedures for children
The most common urologic surgical procedures include:
- Routinely Ureteral reimplants -It includes the surgical re-positioning or reimplanting the original ureter in the bladder wall. In the new orientation, the end of the ureter is located around bladder muscle which stops urine from backing up towards the bladder.
- Nephrectomy -This involves the surgical removal of a kidney.
- Ureteral stent placement –This involves the insertion of a thin tube into the ureter which breaks the barrier of the urine flow from the kidney.
- Pyeloplasty -This is a surgical restructuring of the renal pelvis, a part of the kidney to drain and decompressing the kidney. The aim of the surgery is to relax the uretero-pelvic junction (UPJ) , obstacle in almost each case.
- Cystoscopy –It’s the endoscopy of urinary bladder through the urethra which is performed with an instrument named Cystoscope.
- Hyposapdias -The aim of this surgical correction is to redesign a straight penis with a urethral opening which is in maximum proximity with the tip of the penis .
- Orchiopexy -This surgery is carried out for moving an undescended testicle into the scortum and to permanently attach it there.
- Circumcision –This includes the detachment of some or all of the foreskin or prepuce from the penis surgically.
- Inguinal Hernia Repair -It is a surgery done to repair a hernia in the groin.
- Excision Hydrocele -The surgical excision is done in order to provide treatment to a hydrocele testis.
- Scrotoplasty -Also known as oscheoplasty, it is a reformative or plastic surgery of the scortum. It is also a part of the surgery for trans men and one of the several operative done to transform or reform the external genitalia into a penis and a scrotum..
- Meatoplasty –Also known as urethral meatus, this surgery involve the enlargement of the opening of the penis.
Why prefer India for Pediatric Surgery ?
In India, most of the pediatric urologists are associated with top hospitals for pediatric urosurgery. They are the medical doctors having a minimum of four years of medical school, one to two years of surgical residency, a minimum of 4 additional years of residency learning in general urology and one to three years of extra fellowship training in pediatric urology. Most of them have devoted a minimum 75% of their practice to the urologic problems of infants, children, and adolescents. With this kind of training and experience, Top Pediatric Urologists in India have continued to perform the surgery with high success rates.
Why india laparoscopic surgery site?
Like the top hospitals in India india laparoscopic surgery services is determined to provide the highest quality care to children coming from the whole world. In our hospitals, we have got absolutely qualified surgeons and fellowship-trained pediatric urologists who are well recognised for their amazing expertise in treating the urological problems of neonates, infants, children and teenagers.
If You do not have wait for surgeons in India, We have Fast track services for Our Patients in India.
Get Immediate Appointment at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Number for Fast track Query Reply : +91-9373055368