|Products and Services:||2,313|
|Articles and publications:||14,353 (+10)|
|Tenders & Vacancies:||14|
Windows 10 is the most recent operating system of Microsoft whose upgrading is free for Windows 7 SPI and Windows 8.1. With its arrival many users started free upgrading to Windows 10. But, on upgrading to Windows 10 many users started receiving an error 80240042. This error happens because of force install method while doing installation of Windows 10 free upgrade. This often results in overloading of Microsoft servers due to corrupted downloading of files.
This error 80240042 appears as the pops up that ask you to restart your system for the update. But, on restarting you do not get any update and you again get this error. To resolve this error you can go to Microsoft support pages and search for expert tech support of Windows 10 update not working. Here, you can find the steps for having solutions to resolve this error. You can also go with the steps shown in this post.
1. Go to $Windows.~BT folder in C: and try to delete all the hidden items, along with the files and folders. Once you have deleted proceed further.
2. Now go to C:>Windows >Software Distribution and, then Download folder to delete all the possible things present in the folder.
3. Search Run command Prompt utility and, then search for cmd from start menu. Make a right click and choose “Run as Administrator”.
Now, type the command as “
6. Now, after complete downloading of Windows 10, you need to install updates.
7. Now, you will get a message as “Windows 10 is ready to upgrade”. Here, you need to click on button “Restart Now”.
8. Now, your PC will reboot and Windows 10 installation starts on automatically. After going through all phases, your system gets restarted.
9. After complete process of installation you will see the welcome screen. Now, you need to go through the instruction and enter the login page.
10. Now enter the username and password to boot and configure Windows 10 desktop.
11. You may also call on expert technical support number for Windows 10 to get it done perfectly.
With all these above procedure, you can get rid of error 80240042 in a very simple way. Now, this Windows 10 is new for you, so you should have support for Windows 10 by calling on a toll-free Windows help number http://windows-technical-support.com/ so that you do not get any trouble further.