|Products and Services:||2,612|
|Articles and publications:||27,154 (+3)|
|Tenders & Vacancies:||17|
Thigh fat is a common aesthetic concern among most women. Several factors like genetics, age and weight gain account for the build-up of stubborn in the thigh areas. While exercise and diet can help to some extent, these measures often fail to provide the expected results. Female thigh liposuction is an effective solution to address excess the fat and loose skin in the thigh area. Reputable plastic surgery practices in New York perform the procedure using the Smartlipo Triplex device. The treatment removes excess fat, tightens the skin and reshapes the thighs to provide a more defined and youthful appearance.
Laser thigh liposuction using the FDA-approved Smartlipo workstation, the procedure is performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia. The Smartlipo device features three separate laser wavelengths (1440, 1064 and 1320 nm) that work to liquefy the fat and tighten skin. Once the fat is liquefied, the surgeon will remove it via gentle suction. Key benefits of the procedure include - short downtime, and minimal pain, bleeding and swelling.
Post-Op Care Instructions to follow for Smooth Recovery and Optimal Results
Though laser liposuction is a minimally-invasive procedure, patients need to follow post-operative instructions diligently to reduce the risk of infections and obtain the best results. Top post-operative care tips for women who have had thigh liposuction –
· Take complete rest on the day following the surgery.
· Wear the compressive garment for a period of up to 6 weeks following the surgery.
· As minor swelling and bruising in the treated region after surgery is quite common (which tend to increase within 2-3 days after the procedure) after the surgery, use cold compresses as advised to minimize swelling. However, applying ice directly to the area is not recommended.
· Take the pain medications as advised by the plastic surgeon. Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen or any other products that can increase the risk of bleeding.
· Avoid lifting, bending, or straining the treated area until complete recovery.
· Do not engage in any kind of vigorous exercise or exert yourself physically for at least 3 weeks.
· Avoid smoking and alcohol for at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery and 2 weeks after. Smoking and alcohol may inhibit blood circulation, significantly affect the surgical outcome, and cause severe complications.
· Make sure not to rub, wash or massage the treated area until after you are examined and told it is all right to do so by the surgeon.
· Take shower at least once a day. Keep the incisions clean and inspect the site daily for any signs of infection.
· Do not drive until you have stopped taking pain medications. Make arrangements to have someone to stay with you the first night after the procedure and help you at home for at least 1-2 days.
The speed of healing and recovery after the thigh liposuction will differ from patient to patient depending on individual considerations. However, in most cases, final results become evident within 6 months. Though results are long lasting, weight gain after the procedure can affect them. Therefore, you should maintain a healthy lifestyle to preserve your outcomes.
Smartlipo laser liposuction for women NYC should be done at an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility. An accredited surgical facility will provide the services plastic surgeons who are experienced in performing this liposuction procedure. Such skilled surgeons will provide customized treatment and end-to-end care till complete recovery.