Broadway Family Dental isn’t just a family dentist; the practice includes services for cosmetic dentistry, dentures and orthodontics including dental braces. Your Brooklyn dentist can help your child get straighter teeth through clear braces, lingual braces, invisible braces, ceramic braces, metal braces, Damon braces and new diamond braces. In fact, if you want diamond braces in Brooklyn, NY, come to Broadway Family Dental for the best options.
Orthodontists use dental braces to straighten teeth and help position them for a correct bite. A proper bite minimizes long-term wear and tear on your teeth, and straightening teeth helps eating, smiling, and self-confidence. Braces have played a major role in many lives over the past decades. To make it even more appealing, cosmetic dentistry continues to improve braces for health and aesthetics.
Types of dental braces:
- Metal braces
- Ceramic braces
- Clear braces
- Diamond braces
- Invisible braces
- Lingual Braces
There’s not one method that works for everyone, but your Brooklyn orthodontist tailors your treatment to your needs and your budget. Braces work by applying continuous pressure over time to slowly move your teeth to a desired position. The bone compensates as the pressure is applied so the changes can become permanent.
What to Expect When Getting Braces
You have many choices when choosing the type of dental braces for your teeth, but the process of getting them remains very similar no matter what your choice. Your initial consultation is routine. Your orthodontist or family dentist:
- Asks questions about your health
- Conducts a clinical exam
- Takes impressions of your teeth
- Takes photos of your face and teeth
- Takes X-rays of your mouth
After reviewing all the information and learning about the different types of braces, you and your dentist can make an informed decision. All braces have similar components, including:
- Orthodontic bands are stainless steel, clear or tooth-colored bands cemented around your back teeth to provide an anchor for the wires.
- Spacers, or small rubber rings, fit between your teeth to provide room for the orthodontic bands.
- Brackets are the squares bonded to each tooth. They hold the arch wire that moves the teeth during treatment. You can get stainless steel braces (like diamond braces), ceramic braces or clear braces made of plastic.
- Ties are the rubber or fine wires used to fasten the arch wire to the individual brackets on your teeth.
- Elastic rubber bands, springs and occasionally head gear are sometimes recommended to shorten the time you have to wear braces.
Broadway Family Dental
Brooklyn, New York 11221
Our Location on the Map: https://goo.gl/maps/HvSNGqfSQsQ8j9A8A
Bushwick | Stuyvesant Heights | Ridgewood | Liberty Park | Cypress Hills
11221| 11205, 11206, 11216, 11233, 11238 | 11385 | 11208
Monday - Friday: 10am-6pm
Payment: cash, check, credit cards.