|Products and Services:||1,861|
|Articles and publications:||6,932 (+8)|
|Tenders & Vacancies:||9|
VoIP (Voice over IP) is an IP telephony which uses the internet to transmit call data over the internet protocol. On the other hand, POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) refers to the old telephone system which uses copper wires which are in turn connected to the local exchange.
Clearly, today’s VoIP services are way better than the traditional POTS. VoIP systems are faster, easier, affordable and reliable. POTS system is just old telephone systems which were connected to other dedicated networks.
The advantages can be in terms of the following:
VoIP has many advantages over the traditional POTS. These advantages will make any business choose VoIP services over the POTS.
· VoIP services do not need any dedicated form of network. It can work on the existing network system without much infrastructure support.
· POTS uses a dedicated network which runs on the circuit technology where it is connect through copper lines of a network system.
· POTS pricing purely depends on the duration and the distance of where the calls are made. Here international calls become very expensive which can be a financial burden to business.
· VoIP on the other hand, is affordable as it uses the existing internet for making and receiving voice calls. By using VoIP business can save more.
· In VoIP system, you need a speed internet connectivity to use the service optimally. Here the upgrade you can have is of the internet connection.
· POTS needs innumerable lines to connect and a large amount of hardware. This system can become complex at times and expensive to handle.
· In VoIP system, the call forward option makes it easy for users not to miss any call. Here the display also gives the caller’s ID and this makes sure that no incoming call details goes in vain.
· POTS uses these facilities with additional costs which can be a burden to the company. Plus these added services are not really available at every service provider.
· In VoIP, Any offshore connection can easily be added to the existing network system. These extensions can easily be added as the network doesn’t need any additional hardware systems.
· POTS usually need an extra line for each additional connection added. A separate line needs to be extended for every new connection which in turn needs large hardware system for a separate line laid.
Moving to a VoIP system can cut a significant amount of chunk off your telephony system. A VoIP system grows your business and have an experience which is exceptional at affordable prices. VoIP does not need its own infrastructure as it runs over the internet which is why it is so affordable.