If you are applying for SRMJEE 2019 you must have a clear knowledge about the Exam Pattern that is authorized by the exam conducting committee, SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRM University). The exam would be conducted in online mode by the 3rd week of April 2019. The question paper would carry Multiple Choice Questions with no negative marking in the questions. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are the subjects that will come in the exam. You will receive the Result for the exam on the official website. The Institution will declare a Cutoff after the Result. And the marks obtained by the candidate should match the Cutoff to get through the Admission Process. The selected candidates would be called and notified for the further processing. It is important that you make yourself aware of the SRMJEEE Syllabus 2019 and the Exam Pattern before the exam. Read the article to understand the Exam Pattern for the exam and prepare yourself accordingly.
SRMJEEE Exam Pattern 2019
- It is a computer-based test. The exam paper would contain Objective type questions (MCQ).
- The subjects that will come in the exam are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Those who are applying for Biotechnology, the subjects for them are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Physics: Total number of questions is 35 and the total marks are 105.
Chemistry: Total number of questions is 35 and the total marks are 105.
Mathematics/Biology: Total number of questions is 35 and the total marks are 105.
The total marks in the exam including all the 3 subjects are going to be 315.
- Since the questions will be in MCQ format, therefore, you will have to select 1 correct answer out of 4 different options. Each correct answer will give you 3 marks. There is no negative marking in this examination.
- The duration of the examination is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Important Highlights for the Exam
- Study for the exam according to the Syllabus prescribed by the exam authority. For all the B.Tech courses the syllabus is the topics in the course book of Class 11th and 12th Maths and Science. Solve the SRMJEEE Sample Papers 2019 to understand the pattern of the exam and make your practice effective. When you are solving the Sample Papers, it is important that you maintain the time limit, i.e., 2 hours 30 minutes. This will increase your speed and save your time.
- Download your Admit Card on time. Carrying the correct Admit Card on the day of the examination is a must. If anyone is caught without their respective Admit Card then he/she won’t be permitted to sit inside the exam hall. And the exam of that particular candidate would get cancelled. Also, carry one extra identity card along with the Admit Card as a proof on the day of the examination.
- Carrying any type of stationery items are not allowed on the day of the examination. This is an online examination, therefore, you won’t need a pen or pencil. Also, calculators and other such devices are strictly prohibited by the exam conducting authority.
- You will get the Result immediately after the exam as there is no Answer Key published by the Institution. The Results will be published on the official website. It will carry the candidate’s rank in the exam. The Institutions which are going to offer admission will decide a closing rank/Cutoff for each course that they are providing. The rank obtained by the candidate must match the Closing Rank to get selected for the Admissions.
We hope that the pattern of the SRMJEEE 2019 along with the other formalities after the examination is now clear to you. If there are any queries please write it in the comment box.