When you lose one or more teeth, you have options to replace them with artificial teeth. Dental implants are permanent tooth replacements. You can get a single tooth implant, full or mini dental implants. The dental implants in Brooklyn, NY require surgery, so it’s not inexpensive. Affordable teeth implants are often trouble-free replacements for your missing teeth.
At Brooklyn, New York cosmetic dentistry, the leading dental implant specialist Dr. Dekhtyar uses only the best dental materials available in the USA. We work with top dental labs in New York and use only the highest quality components available on the market today including the best quality medical grade titanium or titanium alloy for artificial teeth.
What Are Dental Implants?
Tooth loss occurs due to periodontal disease, tooth decay, or injury. Previously, bridges and dentures were your only options. Cosmetic dentistry has developed the dental implant procedure to mimic natural teeth and reduce or eliminate many of the drawbacks of more traditional tooth replacement procedures.
Tooth implants can replace one or more teeth. Because it replaces the tooth root, it provides a strong foundation for permanent teeth or removable teeth. Your local dentist ensures the artificial crown matches your existing teeth.
Orthodontists are using mini implants more often as a technique for straightening teeth. Small and temporarily fixed to the bone, they act as anchors to move teeth to the desired position. Unlike other affordable teeth implants, mini implants are removed once they’ve done their job.
What Does a Dental Implant Procedure Entail?
Whether you need a single or full dental implants, the procedure is the same:
- Our dentist assesses your condition and your needs to develop a tailored treatment plan.
- If you have any remaining tooth root, it has to be removed through a root canal.
- If you need a bone graft because you have insufficient bone for the implant to adhere to, this surgery is scheduled before the Brooklyn dental implants procedure. It takes two to six months for you to heal.
- Your local dentist places a small titanium post in the bone socket of the missing tooth or teeth. The bone heals and grows around the post, usually in about 12 weeks.
- Once healed, your dentist places an abutment, a connector post, onto the titanium post in your jaw.
Your dentist makes impressions and creates a model of your bite to fit the new crown.
- The replacement tooth, or crown, is cemented to the abutment.
- If you’re receiving detachable or removable dentures, attachments on the abutment support them.
You’re given a local anesthetic to insert the root implant. Most people report very little discomfort during the installation process, which is easily controlled by over-the-counter medications. Since there’s no root or root nerve, many say they experience less pain than a tooth extraction. Normal brushing, flossing, and mouthwash are all that’s needed for aftercare.
Broadway Family Dental
Brooklyn, New York 11221
Our Location on the Map: https://goo.gl/maps/HvSNGqfSQsQ8j9A8A
Bushwick | Stuyvesant Heights | Ridgewood | Liberty Park | Cypress Hills
11221| 11205, 11206, 11216, 11233, 11238 | 11385 | 11208
Monday - Friday: 10am-6pm
Payment: cash, check, credit cards.